Privacy Notice – Under data protection legislation, you are entitled to know what personal data we hold about you and what we do with it. When you contact us to book the cottage, we will need to know your name, address, phone number, email address and bank details (for returning your deposit). We have what is called a ‘legitimate interest’ in holding this information as it is needed so that we can let the cottage to you. We do not share your information with anyone else. We hold your data electronically and will delete it not longer than 6 years after your last contact with us. We keep it for this period of time in case you book again, to make the process easier for you. We don’t keep your bank account information for longer than it takes for us to repay your security deposit (not longer than one month after your visit). If you want more information or wish us to delete or amend the information we hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want more information about Data Protection you can get it from the Information Commissioners Office .
1. The property known as Dragon Cottage, 109 Middle Street, Deal, Kent CT14 6JW (‘The Property’) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Pippa Mackie (‘the Owner’ tel: 01372468688 23 Vale Road, Claygate, Surrey KT10 0NL e mail: email@example.com to the renter (‘the Client’).
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the appropriate Booking Form and return it to the Owner together with payment of the initial nonrefundable holding deposit (minimum 25% of the total due, or full amount within 8 weeks of holiday). Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation e-mail. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Payment should be made by bank transfer, or failing that, cheque. Reservations made within two months of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than 2 months before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserve the right to give notice in writing/email that the reservation is cancelled & the reservation deposit lost.
4. A security deposit for the amount as stated at the time of booking is required in case of, for example, damage to property or its contents. However, the Security Deposit will not necessarily be the limit of the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period payable to first named on booking form by Bank Transfer to the bank account details provided by the Client or by cheque sent to Client’s home address.
5. Animals. Pets may be allowed at the property only by special arrangement with the Owner or their Agents. Please provide a note with the booking form as to their size, age & breed. A standard surcharge will be made and if expenses are incurred in making good damage, or if additional cleaning due to soiling of the premises or garden is necessary, this is chargeable. Please also see clause 4. above.
6. Cancellations. The person who originally signed/returned the Booking Form must make any cancellations in writing. Cancellations made prior to 8 weeks, the Owner will retain only the 25% deposit. Between 56 and 22 days, 50% of the total rental cost and from 21 days before departure, 100% of the total rental cost will be due. The Owner will do their best to comply with amendments to the original booking if they are requested in a reasonable period of time prior to the departure date. The Owner reserves the right to charge £25 per person in the event of a change of booking date to cover administration. The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover of the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since they are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
7. The rental period should finish before 11.00am on the last day to allow for preparation of the property for the next clients. New Clients should not arrive at the property before 3pm.
8. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed that stated on the Booking Form. (4 persons, not including babies under 4 years of age at time of holiday)
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a reasonably clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. House cleaning is included in the rental charge, but the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit if the property is left in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in a manner that would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties. The Client is responsible for the security of the Property during their stay and should take all reasonable precautions (i.e. use mortise locks installed) to ensure security of the property during periods when they are away from the Property. Smoking is prohibited at all times within the property.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown of any appliance in the Property and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. Liability. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client-: (i) For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant or machinery in the property or grounds. (ii) for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period. Should for any reason the Property become unavailable, the Owner will repay to the Client all monies paid or offer alternative accommodation of a similar size and standard in the locality.
12. Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk. The Owners accept no responsibility for personal injury or loss, or damage to Client’s belongings.